This week’s writing links may be a little heavy on the film side of things, possibly necessitating a name change for the week to Christmas Writing/Movie Links With A Heavy Emphasis On Science Fiction And Nonsense, but brevity is the bread and butter of the internet, so we’ll keep it simple for now.
On the docket though we have the first trailers for ‘The Hobbit‘, ‘Dark Knight Rises‘ and Ridley Scott’s kinda-maybe-rumor-we’re-not-sure ‘Alien’ prequel ‘Prometheus‘ (which should not be confused with the ‘Wrath of the Titans‘ preview that went up yesterday too, starring the character Prometheus), a new self-publishing service and Writer’s Digest on the ‘18 Most Popular Writing Articles Of The Year.’
So, what are people reading/watching for Christmas/the Holidays? My approach so far has been a little unorthodox, having revisited ‘Die Hard’, ‘Trading Places’, ‘Muppet Christmas Carol’, assorted ‘Psych’ Christmas episodes and that one Chris Van Allsburg book that gave me nightmares as a child. That’s all I’ve gotten through this year to complete a pretty odd Christmas routine. Either way, I hope you have are having a Happy Holidays celebrating(or not celebrating) whatever religion, creed, belief, Festivus, methodology, football team, you follow(or don’t follow).
– The Hobbit Trailer (comingsoon)
– The 18 Most Popular Writing Articles Of 2011 (writersdigest)
– 50 Things We Learned From Harry Potter (totalfilm)
– Av Club Reviews Peter Nadas’ ‘Parallel Stories’ (avclub)
– How To Expand Your Platform Through Generosity (guidetoliteraryagents)
– Postcolonialism And Science Fiction: An Introduction (io9)
– Dymock’s New Self-publishing Service (sfwa)
– ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Trailer (youtube)
– Teaser Trailer For Ridley Scott’s Rumored Alien Prequel ‘Prometheus’ (io9)
– The Year’s Best Science Fiction And Fantasy (sfsignal)
– Kickstarter Project To Support: Realms Unreel (kickstarter)