As I am just now getting back from vacation, it has forced another Tuesday edition of Monday links, quite possibly prompting a name change to Tuesday’s Writing Links: For Those Of Us Who Just Want To Sleep And Eat Ice Cream On Monday.
Either way, I managed to get a lot of reading done on the thirty hour commute it took to get home from Brazil, and as a result have a lot of reading recommendations. I would highly recommend Ernest Cline’s ‘Ready Player One‘ to anyone who set foot in the 80s and Patrick Rothfuss’ ‘The Wise Man’s Fear’ to anyone who enjoys fantasy or things that are good. I profiled them both in earlier posts, but having actually now had a chance to read them, I can give them wholehearted endorsements.
I also am nearing finishing my final edit with my editor on ‘Exiles‘ and should hopefully have a tentative release date sometime soon. Right now, Christmas/January is the target date I’ve been told. Until I know more, I’m just going to keep rewatching seasons of ‘The Wire’…I mean writing book 2, yes, that’ll do.
– Podcast Interview With Lev Grossman (bookotron)
– Podcast Discussion: Visions Of The Future (sfsignal)
– How I Got My Agent: Jeff Ryan (guidetoliteraryagents)
– Av Club Reviews Michael Moore’s Book ‘Here Comes Trouble: Stories From My Life’ (avclub)
– Movies From The 1980s And 1990s That Should Actually Be Remade (io9)
– Av Club Reviews Errol Morris’ ‘Believing Is Seeing’ (avclub)
– 10 Biggest Missed Opportunities In Science Fiction And Fantasy (io9)
– Covering Science Fiction Covers (stomptheyeti)
– Conference Spotlight: The South Carolina Writers Workshop Oct. 21-23 (guidetoliteraryagents)
– A Picture Of A Beautiful Nebulae (io9)