I couldn’t resist posting this reimagined Tremors poster that recently popped up on the internet. I could probably could get away with it by making something up, like saying that Tremors was based on a book. A really good cross genre literary monster novel written by Cormac McCarthy before he was famous. The Grapes of Wrath of monster books.
But, alas Tremors only stands as a cult film (one which I’ve always loved) with no apparent literary basis. I will try to make up for it by showering you with especially relevant Memorial Day weekend links. One such link, is a great seminar that Jane Friedman is hosting through the Guide To Literary Agents site, where she will lecture on the 6 Key Components To Establishing An Effective Online Platform. If you are interested, just make sure to sign up before June 2, which is the day that the seminar is being held.
– Jane Friedman Teaches The 6 Key Components Of An Online Platform (guidetoliteraryagents)
– John Scalzi: The Pros And Cons Of Book Touring (scalzi)
– 12 Things You Can Do With Promotional Bookmarks (associatedcontent)
– How Publishers Are Surviving The Changing Times (kriswrites)
– Guardian’s User Recommended Science Fiction Books (guardian)
– Take Five With China Mieville (sf-fantasy)
– 22 Year-Old Student Finds Universe’s ‘Missing Mass’ (yahoo)
– 7 Questions That Need To Be Asked About Writing (storytellersunplugged)