Just a quick batch of writing links for this week. It features a nice quote from Joss Whedon about the interpretation of art, a possible new director for the Hunger Games sequel, an announcement about J.K Rowling’s new novel and some new agents on the literary scene.
Also, if you are in Chicago this weekend, there are some cool events going on. I’ll be signing books today for ‘The Exiles’ book launch (Open Books 6:30 – 8). The Windy City Rollers, Chicago’s premiere women’s roller derby league has a bout on Saturday at 6 pm and one of my good friends Joey Murphy has a show with his band Pet Lions later that evening at Lincoln Hall 10 PM.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Andddd links.
- Joss Whedon’s Philosophy On Interpreting Art (imgur)
- 10 Must Reads For April (flavorwire)
- Finalists For The 2012 David Gemmell Legend Award (sfsignal)
- Ray Bradbury On How Disneyland Humanized Robots (io9)
- J.K Rowling’s First Adult Novel Will Be A Black Political Comedy (flavorwire)
- AV Club Reviews Brian Francis Slattery’s ‘Lost Everything’ (avclub)
- New Literary Agent Alert: Andrew Wetzel (guidetoliteraryagents)
- Author Interview: Alec Nevala-Lee (writersdigest)
- Review: The Emperors Knife (sfsignal)
- Kirkus Review’s Sci-fi and Fantasy Reviews For April (kirkusreview)
- Director Picked For Hunger Games Sequel? (comingsoon)