There was a lot of Hobbit news in the past week, spurred on by Comic Con and the break in filming that the crew will be taking for the entire month of August. Along with the included photo of Bilbo’s traveling companions, Peter Jackson posted a production video from the set, interviewing cast and crew about their experiences so far.
I also strongly encourage everyone to check out io9’s post on great character description from science fiction and fantasy books. If you find yourself having trouble with your own characters, this link could be the catalyst you need to get things going. Even if you book isn’t fantasy or sci-fi, there are some great examples of vivid character descriptions, ones that transcend their genre.
– Great Character Descriptions From Science Fiction And Fantasy Books (io9)
– New Hobbit Photo Shows All The Dwarves Togerther For The First Time (thehobbitblog)
– Production Video From The Set Of The Hobbit (thehobbitblog)
– Jennifer Hillier On What She Told Her Family About Publishing (guidetoliteraryagents)
– 7 Reasons Why Joining A Book Club Will Help Your Writing (writetodone)
– AV Club Reviews George R. R. Martin’s A Dance With Dragons (avclub)
– One Simple Question All Writers Should Ask Themselves (writersdigest)