This Week’s Writing Links feature some clever logo branding for the Milwaukee Public Library’s new ad campaign, 10 common mistakes writers make at conferences, 10 legendary bad boys of literature and a video of soccer prodigy Lionel Messi when he was being an amazing (and classy) 10-year-old, because why not?
I’m always happy to support a library branch, especially while our own city branches weather some harsh budget cuts. Although Milwaukee is certainly utilizing a clever approach with their campaign, you have to wonder if using popular social media branding may ultimately just remind kids that they need to check twitter. Here’s to hoping that’s not the case.
Also, SF Signal, a site I’m a big fan of, just underwent a design update, so make sure to stop by and check it out. In other news, links.
– Milwaukee Public Library’s New “Social Media” Ad Campaign (mpl)
– How To Avoid 10 Common Conferences Mistakes That Writers Make (writersdigest)
– Io9’s Books To Read In 2012 (io9)
– AV Club Reviews Roberto Bolano’s ‘The Third Reich’ (avclub)
– 10 Legendary Bad Boys Of Literature (flavorwire)
– Nominees For The 2011 Phillip K. Dick Award Announced (tor)
– JA Konrath Interviews Editor Susan Tunis (jakonrath)
– Seven Princes: An Epic Fantasy That Doesn’t Hold Back On The Epic (io9)
– Book Publicity: Working With Bookstores (sfwa)
– Genre Resolutions For 2012 (sfsignal)
– How Your Characters Write Themselves And Why You Have To Listen (jarrethdak)
– Soccer Prodigy Lionel Messi At Age 10 Being Amazing (youtube)