This is just a quick writing links post for the week featuring a review of When Captain Flint Was Still A Good Man (which I must say is a pretty cool title for a book), some nice advice on writing to express, not impress, a writer that is already being tagged as the next J.K. Rowling, a post about how great characters make great series and 10 of the best memoirs about mothers.
Don’t forget Mother’s Day is on Sunday. Lay out your best brunching attire and make sure the maternal figure in your life feels properly appreciated. And now, writing links!
– Bloomsbury Signs The Next JK Rowling? (jezebel)
– Av Club Reviews When Captain Flint Was A Good Man (avclub)
– 30 Gorgeous And Innovative Bookshelves (flavorwire)
– Sf Signal Reviews 2312 By Stanley Robinson (sfsignal)
– Great Series Are Made By Great Characters (writersdigest)
– 10 Of The Best Memoirs About Mothers (flavorwire)
– Write To Express, Not To Impress (writersdigest)
– How I Got My Agent: Beatriz Williams (guidetoliteraryagents)
– Details Revealed On Blue Origin Spacecraft Project (yahoo)