The official Season 5 trailer for Game of Thrones arrived today, showcasing some new footage of Tyrion and Varys scheming in exile, some clutch Jonathan Pryce (High Sparrow) voice over and a few quick shots of Arya and Needle looking badass. It certainly has me excited for the upcoming April 12 premiere. Also be on the lookout for the February 17th blu-ray release of Season 4.
This week’s links highlight George R. R. Martin’s return to his ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ series after an extended hiatus. As a result, we’re doing a George R. R. Martin/fantasy heavy set of links to celebrate.
Martin, whose last entry into the series was almost six years ago, finally returns with ‘A Dance With Dragons‘ at the opportune moment with his books back on the bestseller list and interest in his work at an all time high coming off the runaway success of HBO’s adaptation of his please-don’t-read-these-books-to-your-children fantasy series.
In ‘Dragons,’ Martin’s fifth entry into the series, he provides a whole new set of perspectives for the events that occurred in the previous book, ‘A Feast for Crows.’ So far, the word on ‘Dragons’ has been a resoundingly positive one and it seems that the wait was worth it. So, if you’re a fan of the series, make sure to pick it up tomorrow.
– George R. R. Martin’s ‘A Dance With Dragons’ Releases Tuesday (salon.com)
– Interview With George R. R. Martin’s Editor Anne Groell (sf-fantasy)
– George R. R. Martin: Reading Guide For Beginners (avclub)
– Steve Rogerson Lists The Ten Best Fantasy Novels (suite101)
– Theresa Walsh: Can Editing Be Fun? (writerunboxed)
– Amanda Flower’s 7 Things I’ve Learned So Far (guidetoliteraryagents)
– The Value Of Toxic Feedback (theurbanmuse)
– Baltimore: The Wire, Locations Part One (avclub)